Benefits of Volunteering with GRABC
Why Should I Become a VITA Volunteer?
- Serving at a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) site is a very rewarding opportunity and offers a unique way to strengthen our community. On average, each service hour volunteered brings in over $750 of federal and state income tax refunds back into our community. GRABC is serving only about 25% of families who are income eligible for this money-saving service. Your participation will extend our legacy of outreach to our community’s most vulnerable citizens. By joining the VITA team to assist working low-to-moderate income families you will help create a WIN, WIN, WIN situation.
The Tax Filer WINS:
- Federal and State taxes prepared for free
- E-file is free.
- NO charge for extra W-2 forms
- Tax return filed accurately
- Information on financial education and asset building resources
The Community WINS:
- Tax dollars spent locally helps our community’s businesses and the local economy
- More financially-secure households
- Increased home ownership
YOU the VOLUNTEER WINS:
- Great opportunity to give back
- Stronger community to live in
- Learn skills to prepare one’s own tax returns
- Excellent resume booster
There are many benefits of volunteering with GRABC. Join our team to gain practical, real world experience and build your resume. Volunteering with us at GRABC helps the local economy and makes an immediate impact on our area’s working low-to-moderate income families. Join us now to make a difference and work with others who share your passion!